First Things First

The serious part of my IT career started when I began working as a technical consultant for Oracle in Germany around 2000. I did a lot of database programming in PL/SQL, Forms, Reports. Then the middleware came into focus with WebLogic, Java. After almost a decade I decided to do the consulting work self-employed. I put much commitment into ADF. Well ...

You may know that, you are busy working in projects, you know your technologies well, read articles to keep up with current developments. But one day you look around and realize, many things have changed in IT. Cloud is no longer a buzzword. In IT boards you read about containers and microservices. Javascript is not just a useful little helper on HTML based web sites anymore, it is taking over the front end completely, also some of the server side.

At that moment it was time to take a deep breath. How can one approach all this? I think the best idea is to start from the known and approach the unknown from there. No surprise we will start with a relational database. With Oracle. But in the cloud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype for a Serverless Business Application

Build a Secure Database Driven Web Application with Amplify and React: Part 1 - Setup